Thomas E. Cahill, 85, a former WSWC member from Wyoming and WSWC staff member passed away on January 24, at the Cheyenne Veterans Affairs Medical Center, a Korean War veteran. He was born in Salt Lake City, and graduated from Brigham Young University. He earned his juris doctorate of law from the University of Chicago. Tom started his career as a Special Assistant Attorney General representing the Wyoming State Engineer. When the Council was organized in June 1965, he was appointed as an alternate WSWC member. He was later hired as the Council’s Assistant Director, in January 1969, and led the Council as Executive Secretary and Executive Director from January 1970 to September 1973. He left to accept a position as General Counsel with the National Commission on Water Quality. He later served as Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Colorado River Commission of Nevada, in Las Vegas, eventually returning to Cheyenne and private law practice. Condolence and memories may be addressed to Susan Jenkins, Executive Assistant, Wyoming State Engineer’s Office, Herschler Building, 4th Floor East, 122 West 25th Street, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002. Susan is Tom’s “bonus” daughter, from a second marriage to her mother Novella Heath Cahill, following the death of his first wife Vernafay.
- Washington Department of Ecology – Municipal Stormwater Grant Project Specialist Position
- Washington Department of Ecology – Watershed Unit Supervisor Position
- WestFAST Federal Liaison Position – Applications Due May 31, 2018
- IN MEMORIAM – THOMAS E. CAHILL
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Symposium on the Settlement of Indian Reserved Water Rights Claims