The Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) and the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS) are seeking a full-time Regional Drought Information Systems Coordinator to work as part of an interdisciplinary team as the coordinator for selected regional NIDIS drought early warning information systems. NIDIS is a federal interagency and interstate effort to establish a national drought early warning information system in the U.S.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team to advance NIDIS through a number of strategies:
- Developing the leadership and networks to implement an integrated drought monitoring, forecasting, and planning and preparedness system at federal, state, and local levels
- Fostering and supporting a research environment focusing on risk assessment, planning, forecasting, monitoring, impact collection and analysis, and mitigation
- Contributing to a drought early warning information system to provide accurate, timely, and integrated information specific to regional needs and economic sectors
- Developing content and interactive components for the U.S. Drought Portal (drought.gov), as part of the drought early warning information system
- Providing a framework for public awareness and education about droughts and high precipitation events that ameliorate or terminate droughts
For further information, including how to apply, please click here and Search for Job #08848.