WestFAST currently consists of 12 federal agencies, with a liaison representing those agencies to the WSWC. The following agencies are currently part of the WestFAST team:
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
WestFAST members are designated by their respective agencies to serve as points-of-contact and perform collaboration, provide support, and information to the Western States Water Council (WSWC) and the Western Governors Association. WestFAST also liaisons with Federal Department, Agency, and Bureau principal leadership (WestFAST Principals) to provide opportunity for WestFAST Principals to meet and discuss federal collaboration on western water issues, as well as engage in emerging issues with WSWC officers, members, and staff.