Metadata Training Workshop: Albuquerque
This workshop is offered by a partnership among the Internet of Water (IoW), Water Data Exchange (WaDE) of the Western Water States Council, and the Consortium of Universities for the Advancement of Hydrologic Sciences (CUAHSI).
Tentative topics to be covered
1. What is metadata and what are its types? (literacy)
2. What types of standards are there for metadata and for what purpose are they used for?
3. Why it is important to use metadata standards in managing and sharing data?
4. What are the CUAHSI metadata templates for time series data (and other HydroShare types) and how to use them??
5. What are the Water Data Exchange (WaDE) metadata templates for water rights and water use data and how to use them?
6. How can I use Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) best practices on data and metadata?
7. How can I share my data on another open data platforms (e.g., CKan, ESRI)? Please specify in the following in the “Other” option
8. How can I apply these training skills to the New Mexico Water Data Initiative?