WSWC – NASA Western Water Applications Office (WWAO) Research to Operations (R2O) Workshop
VENUE: National Academy of Sciences Beckman Center
100 Academy, Irvine, California 92617
OVERVIEW: NASA provides data and information to assist state, local and federal water agencies in responding to complex problems through its Earth observations, tools and scientific expertise. Water managers recognize the value of NASA’s capabilities for decision support, though it has been challenging to use the data operationally.
This workshop will bring together NASA scientists with partners from federal and state agencies that have experience with technology transfer to identify best practices to streamline the technology transfer process.
1. Strengthen inter-agency partnerships and continue building a network of experts to facilitate research to operations (R2O) in water resources management;
2. Develop the Western States Water Council’s Western Federal Agency Support Team (WestFAST) network to be a bridge to help transition applicable NASA-supported research to operational federal programs;
3. Develop a strategy for raising awareness and support within state and federal governmental entities for R2O;
4. Help the research community understand the lead ties necessary for successful transition of projects to operational federal agency programs; and
5. Identify current barriers to technology transfer and establish pathways to overcome those barriers.
AGENDA: (coming soon)
Registration is required for all meeting speakers and attendees.
Hotels offering Federal per diem rate ($181) and airport shuttle
Embassy Suites Irvine Orange County Airport
2120 Main Street, Irvine, CA 92614
DoubleTree by Hilton – Orange County Airport
7 Hutton Centre Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92707
DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
201 E. MacArthur Blvd., Santa Ana, CA 92707
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine/Orange County Airport
2381 Morse Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614
Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
18700 MacArthur Boulevard, Irvine, CA 92612